Monday, April 18, 2005

in the ballpark

People are starting to look younger. This goes for the people I see pushing strollers as well as for Hitler. (Not that old looking of a guy.)

I’m not sure why, but people love to say to me: “It’s inevitable. You’ll turn into your mother and marry your father. Hasn't happened yet? Trust me. Happens to everyone.”

Now I can hear and feel myself turning into my mother. In the ease with which I nag and in the closed-mouth straight smile I give when impatient. (Mostly when dealing with people pushing strollers.) But I’m not dating guys that remind me in any way of my dad.

The guy I’m seeing right now is, however, a lot like my uncle. We were hanging out and all weekend long I was like, “Holy shit- I can’t believe how much he reminds me of my dad’s sister’s husband! This is crazy!”

When I realized that his last name is actually my uncle’s first name, I nearly lost it. What does it all mean? Oh well. I guess I’ll just have to let it play out.

No comments: