Thursday, April 14, 2005

all i can afford

This week Time Out New York presented its Eat Out (get it?) Awards. As I live in this fabulous city, I thought I’d offer my two cents on the picks.

The award for Best new Brooklyn restaurant went to the Stone Park Café, which was literally a stone’s throw away (get it?) from where I used to live. I never ate there, but I did hear all the construction that went into building it. So there’s that.

Best perennial (20-plus years and counting) award went to Gotham Bar and Grill. I ate there once because I knew one of the waiters. He insisted on ordering for me. Probably wouldn’t have gone with the venison chop myself, but hey if you’re going to spend over 30 bucks on a meal at least have it be on something your great grandfather reportedly loved.

Worst-kept secret award went to Freemans. I’ve never heard of it. But that makes sense because apparently “anyone who’s ever worn a trucker cap or Uggs spread the word” and for some reason those people rarely give me the heads up. (Would it have killed you to tell me that the L train was out of service!?!? Come on.)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

http://www.timeoutny.com/dineinbrooklyn/