Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A question re: Fancy Jeans...

So I've had this pair of Citizens jeans for maybe a year and a half. I love them, they are perfect for any occasion... which is good because they're also the any pair I like. Anyway, I bought them on ebay for something like $80, retail value, maybe $140... they developed a hole in the crotch, I sent them off to aforementioned jean-fixers in New York... and I just learned that I'll be $65 to fix them. $53 for repair, $12 for shipping. This is an irksome figure for a few reasons: a) that's a lot of money and almost as much as I paid for them. b) It only cost me $5.20 to send them to New York.
So, the question is whether I, a) pay $65 and get them back. b) try to find another pair on ebay, risking not finding as good a pair and then, do I pay the $12 to get the old ones back, even though they're unwearable... or do I let them go? This may not be a problem boys understand, but I'm hoping the ladies will...
Also note, I am a student again and living on loans....

Thank you.

6 comments:

kristina said...

Loan money is like monopoly money. When you are about to run out, all of a sudden your opponent lands on Boardwalk where you have built a hotel (read: the month turns to January) and you are rich again! Tell them you think the shipping is too much and work it down a few dollars. Then get your jeans back. It's going to be cold soon and it would suck to lose a leg.

Lily said...

thats not right. i've heard from atleast a couple other people that the great thing about fancy jeans is that customer service is so much better. i say call them up and give them hell. because what the fuck? you pay that much money, you expect actual quality and if you wanted a rip in it you'd have bought your jeans at wet seal but instead you shelled out for something good and thats what you demand. goddamnit.

Sarah said...

Update: I just purchased a new pair on ebay. The deal went down during Civ Pro this morning... now to get the original ones back for as little as possible...

kristina said...

today it's jeans during civ pro; tomorrow it's planning a 48 hour whirlwind trip across the country a week before finals. internet shopping during law class is dangerous.

Sarah said...

The jeans arrived. They are perfect and amazing and were even pre-hemmed to precisely the right length. And so, totally, worth it. Thought you'd want the update.

Sarah said...

ps. I am in criminal law now. FYI.