Friday, October 14, 2005

Cry me a River

There was an article in the NYT Thursday Styles yesterday which I suggest everyone read before they make you have to pay for it. It's about women crying on the job, especially when they're just starting out. It's great, mostly I think because I learned that women actually are more physiologically prone to cry when frustrated than men. This makes sense and also makes me feel a whole lot less crazy. Thinking back to my old job and the mean men there always gives me the shivers but I sometimes remember the time I cried in front of the meanest one (I cried in private on multiple occasions) and what a loser I felt like. Nice to know at least I'm not alone and not atypical. Best tip? Don't run to the bathroom to cry... better tip? Don't work with meanies.

No comments: