Thursday, September 29, 2005

NPR

So I am listening to John Edwards talk on NPR about some initiative he's starting for poor kids in North Carolina... and I am wondering- did he always sound so southern? During the election, I remember, well, not thinking he could be confused with Mayor Quimby... but he sounds REALLY southern right now? Is this to gain authenticity with his NC contingent or was he faking through the election? Did he go to newscaster speech therapy?
That all being said, he is saying some really great stuff and right now I feel a lot more excited about him now than I did a year ago (except for sexual excitement, of course)... among which is that the average net worth of a black family is $6000, a latino family $8000, and a white family $80,000.

1 comment:

Fletch said...

Yeah, I hump John Edwards too.