Friday, February 24, 2006

a shot at greatness

While perusing one of my favorite celebrity blogs this morning over a cup of coffee, i saw this:


"VH1 & ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY ARE HITTING THE ROAD LOOKING FOR
POP CULTURE TRIVIA FANS TO COMPETE IN THE
WORLD SERIES OF POP CULTURE!"

And it occured to me, for once in my life, I actually could be equipped to compete in a world series! I mean, yeah, ok - its no Torino. But jeez, anyone who saw the ladies freestyle skating last night might concede that "greatness" isn't all that great. (cause dude, that girl so should not have won! did anyone else notice that she repeated the floaty-fish-arm-spin into single-arm-in-the-air-spin sequence 3 times!? it was like a skating version of a kylie minogue song. but i digress)

Anyways, maybe i'm just looking for an avenue to vent about ridiculous sucess of the fucking girls who ruled my middle school, but i think i could do this! i read like 3-8 celeb blogs a day, a fact which i never thought of as something to be proud of, let alone something to share with anyone, but for reals yo, i could DO this. i need teammates. who's with me?



ADDENDUM: I was so busy watching skating last night that i missed seeing becky get booted from American Idol. and yet, my dreams of greatness have not waned. the road to pop culture beckons....

1 comment:

kristina said...

who do you think should have won? I was rallying for Irina all the way what with her heart-warming triumph over tragedy story, but she fell on her ass. And I would rather have no Olympics at all than to see that spoiled little tart Sasha Cohen win.

I agree the Japanese girl's performance wasn't terribly inspired but everyone else ended up in a heap on the ice.

on a side note, i was glad that opera-singing creepy stevie was booted from the idol. she reminded me of the demon in "the ring."