Tuesday, December 20, 2005

MTA War Stories

Well, it happened. The subway is on strike. I know that several of you blog from New York and I am interested in harrowing and humorous tales of how you're getting around.

I'm in Minneapolis and when the buses here went on strike a couple of years ago, the only thing that changed for me was that I had to drive this really tedious and annoying co-workerto work every day. And my most harrowing transportation experience recently is having to scrape off my windshield every morning in -20 windchills.

Anyway, let's hear your stories as I don't believe Katie Couric's experiences really sum up those of the average New Yorker. And while you're at it, let's hear your plans for getting the trains moving again. I'll be there in 9 days and I don't have money for cabs.

1 comment:

kristina said...

i'll assume that no one has time to write stories since you are all walking across the brooklyn bridge + several miles more every day.