Friday, October 20, 2006

a thermos and nalgene crowd

I arrived at a potluck this week with two liter bottles of soda and yellow plastic cups. Coke and Sprite. I considered purchasing diet (that would've been my choice) but figured more people like regular. I wasn't the only one to bring soda to this gathering of documentary students. But the other person purchased Moxie (a local cola) and rasberry ginger ale. Not a single person drank my offering. And it's not like there was beer or anything. I left with both bottles unopened. I just took a couple of swigs from the neon green bottle and thought I'd write to all of you. Do you not drink soda? Am I living in the past? Do your social groups drink it? I'm just curious.

3 comments:

kristina said...

this is my regimen:
8am-noon: coffee
noon-5pm: diet coke
after 5pm: diet coke as mixer.

Caffeine never goes out of style.

Erica said...

I'm confused about why there wasn't any beer at the potluck. Was there wine?

Juliet said...

Yes, there was wine. Blueberry wine. I had a glass in one of my yellow plastic cups.