Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I'm a sitter...

There are two kinds of women when it come to peeing, the sitters and the hoverers. I am one of the former. I've never been much for being afraid of germs and while I wash my hands and even occasionally Purell, I've always subscribed much more to the "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" theory of dealing with the world. Yeah, I try not to, but I know that many times my hands go from a grimey subway pole to applying lip balm. I mean, really. Whatever. Anyway, I'm not trying to legislate peoples' bathroom behaviors BUT... what is it about movie theaters that makes hoverers piss all over the toilet seats? This occurs far more frequently in movie theaters than anywhere, and I've peed in some dramatic locales. Or, at least, "rustic." What I don't like is these hoverers imposing their peeing preferences on me. The only reason the toilet seat would be contaminated-- is because they peed on it. So in order to maintain my own indentity as a sitter, I am forced to wipe away a stranger's pee and sit. Which is so much grosser than that jerk just sitting in the first place.
When we first started learning about AIDS in 3rd grade or so, they had this cartoon poster that said, "Hey! Guess What? You Can't Get AIDS From..." and then there were 9 or so drawings of activities. Like, "giving someone a hug."
But more relevantly, "Using a Public Toilet." So really this all comes back to the need for HIV/AIDS education in this country-- so that every bozo at Loews knows that not only can you not get AIDS by using a public toilet, but you can't get cooties either. So sit down. Or, at least, don't pee all over the seat.

5 comments:

Juliet said...

Sarah, thought you'd be happy to know that last night when I was over, I sat all over your toilet seat.

Fletch said...

Thank god I'm a stander. Actually, I will go thank him right now.

kristina said...

the only toilet i ever hovered over was the one at the dirty bar in vina del mar. it had no seat and there were always flies in there. but the beer and french fries were damn good.

Julia B said...

hey, kristina what's the name that bar? i am going there in three days!!! i'll be sure to hover...

kristina said...

i don't know the name, julia, but it is kiddy corner from Cafe Journall and anyone in Vina will be able to tell you where that is. it's better the Journal because the beer is cheaper, the little cigarette mart is closer, and of course, because it is dirtier. enjoy, po.